For the first time, the AYUSH ministry has announced Awards for Excellence in Information Technology(IT) in AYUSH Sector. This is clearly an indication that the ministry recognizes the urgent need for technology adoption in the traditional healthcare practices. It further vindicates our business proposition for AyushEHR, the standards based software solution for Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopthy wellness practices.
Even though the government has laid a lot of stress on promoting traditional wellness practices in the National Health Policy 2017, the progress has been slow owing to the paucity of validated evidence due to the weak documentation, lack of technology adoption and standardization in these practices. Adoption of technology to help in clinical documentation and subsequent evidence creation is proposed to bring transparency and improved adoption in AYUSH. Tools such as AyushEHR software for Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy and standards based EHR.Network platform show increased awareness among technology startups and their willingness to support the AYUSH ministry initiatives in this direction.
The proposed awards are designed to recognize and promote excellence in implementation of IT initiatives and seeks to recognize the projects demonstrating use of path breaking IT or innovative use of an existing IT for enhancement in efficiency, effectiveness of process, cost, quality, service delivery or a combination of these.
The purpose of the award is to:-
- Recognize achievements in the area of Information Technology
- Disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable IT initiatives
- Encourage incremental innovations in successful IT solutions
- Promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success through IT initiatives
- IT as a Game Changer
The award is open to all stake holders in the sector. Institutions and/or individuals from the following categories, who have
implemented notable IT based applications, can apply for the awards
- Institutions under Ministry of AYUSH
- Colleges, Universities and Research Institution
- Hospitals, Clinics and Nursing Homes
- Wellness centers practicing AYUSH treatment
- IT Institution
- AYUSH Practitioner
- AYUSH Businesses and entrepreneur
We see this as a great opportunity to showcase our past 2 years work in building AyushEHR and intend to pitch our solutions for the award. The last date for the submission of applications is on the 11th September 2018.